My fee for an initial intake appointment of approximately 70 minutes is $250. My fee for a standard session of approximately 55 minutes is $175. I accept payment by cash, check, or credit card. I reserve a few spaces in my practice for patients who cannot afford my full fee.
I am a preferred (in-network) provider for Premera Blue Cross, Regence Blue Shield, Aetna, Lifewise Health Plan of Washington, Uniform Medical Plan, First Choice Health, and Medicare. If you have a different insurance plan, you will be responsible for payment of my full fee at the time of service; however, I can submit insurance claims on your behalf. You may be partially reimbursed for my services, but I cannot guarantee this. Here are questions that I recommend you ask your insurance provider before coming to see me for your first visit:
- Do I have coverage for "outpatient mental health"?
- Does my coverage require preapproval or a referral from my primary care physician?
- How many sessions do I have per year?
- What is my deductible and co-pay?
- What percentage of my psychotherapy fees are covered?
- Do my benefits cover only in-network providers, or do I also have out-of-network benefits?
- Are services provided by Scott Renschler, Psy.D. (or whomever you are interested in seeing) covered by my plan? (Your insurance carrier may ask you for the therapist's credentials. I am a licensed psychologist).